Snowflake Ornament Assembly
For stitch instructions, see printable PDF above.
1. Hoop light blue print B circle according to Basic Assembly, Step 1.
2. Referring to Snowflake Appliqué Placement Diagram, fuse light blue print G circle atop cream wool F snowflake. Center snowflake on right side of hooped B circle. Pin or glue-baste in place. Add batting A circle according to Basic Assembly, Step 3.
3. Whipstitch around cream wool snowflake with one strand of cream floss.
4. Blanket-stitch around light blue print center circle with silver thread.
5. Referring to Snowflake Appliqué Placement Diagram, stitch details--one long straight stitch and two short straight stitches at ends--on center circle and snowflake with silver thread.
6. With beading needle and silver thread, sew beads to center of circle and snowflake to make ornament top.
To stitch beads, bring up needle in center of bead, stitch across bead, and push needle back into fabric. Bring needle up in center of bead again, then stitch across opposite side of bead so that it lies flat.
7. Remove ornament top from hoop, paint outer hoop with one or more coats of white paint, and let dry. Re-hoop, being sure screw is centered at top of ornament. Complete ornament according to Basic Assembly, steps 6–9. Glue light blue rickrack to outer edge of larger hoop. Tie ribbon and yarn scraps to screw mechanism.