Assemble Quilt Center
1. Referring to Quilt Assembly Diagram, lay out hidden square blocks in sections around house block, rotating Hidden Square blocks as shown. Quilt tester Laura Boehnke deliberately placed her blocks so their green triangles would create radiating diamonds of color.
2. Sew together blocks in each row of top section. Press seams in directions indicated on Quilt Assembly Diagram. Join rows; press seams in one direction. The top section should be 50-1/2x15-1/2" including seam allowances. Repeat to make bottom section.
3. Sew together blocks in rows in left- and right-hand units of center section. Press seams in directions indicated. Join rows; press seams in one direction. The units should be 15-1/2x20-1/2" including seam allowances.
4. Add left- and right-hand units to house block to make center section (Quilt Assembly Diagram). Press seams toward House block.
5. Sew together top, center, and bottom sections to make quilt center. Press seams toward center section. The quilt center should be 50-1/2" square including seam allowances.