Assemble Quilt Top and Finish Quilt
1. Join long edges of assorted print 1-1/2x21" strips to make a strip set. Press seams in one direction. Cut strip set into thirteen 1-1/2"-wide segments (Strip Set Diagram).
2. Cut and piece 1-1/2"-wide segments to make:
- 2—1-1/2x42-1/2" border strips
- 2—1-1/2x11-1/2" border strips
- 2—1-1/2x11-1/2" sashing strips
3. Referring to Quilt Assembly Diagram, sew together sashing strips and appliquéd blocks. Press seams toward appliquéd blocks. The quilt center should be 11-1/2x40-1/2 including seam allowances.
4. Sew short border strips to short edges of quilt center. Add long border strips to remaining edges of quilt center to complete quilt top. Press seams toward quilt center.
5. Layer quilt top, batting, and backing; baste. Quilt as desired.
6. Bind with red snowflake print binding strips.