Assemble Ornament Tag
1. Sew together multicolor stripe and green print 2-3/4x5" strips along long edge.
2. Prepare a fusible-web Ornament Pattern A circle according to steps 1 and 2 of Cut Fabrics. Press fusible-web circle onto wrong side of joined strips, aligning dotted line with seam line. Cut out pieced fabric circle on drawn line and peel off paper backing.
3. Following manufacturer’s instructions, fuse pieced fabric circle to scrap of thin cotton batting. Trim batting even with edges of fused circle. Fuse the A backing piece to batting side of fused circle.
4. Position red dot B band on fused circle, covering the seam line; fuse in place.
5. With two strands of white embroidery floss, whipstitch band to fused circle.
6. With two strands of white embroidery floss, blanket-stitch around edge of fused circle.
7. In a word processing program, type the recipient’s name with multiple font styles to fill a 2"-square space. Print on ecru cardstock and cut out the desired letter shape. If desired, use rubber stamping ink to ink the edges of the ecru letter.
8. Glue ecru letter to black cardstock and trim 1/8" from edge. Place in center of band and secure with adhesive foam.
9. Using six strands of red embroidery floss, hand-sew four buttons to band. Securely tie floss in a knot and trim ends to 1/4".
10. Decorate black cardstock C ornament top with a silver glitter pen if desired, then fold on dashed line. Place bottom ends of ornament top over fused circle and glue in place.
11. Punch hole in ornament top. Thread six strands of green floss through hole and tie in a knot to make a hanger.