Looking for a fun way to show off your best work? Enter photos of your items in The Craftys! The Craftys is an award program that celebrates the best in DIY and craft across the U.S. There are categories from quilting to craft blogging, and there’s even a Young Crafter category that nets the winner in the category and his or her school a cash prize! (See The Craftys 2014 Best in Show winner here.)
Makers enter photos of their best work online at test.thecraftys.com and fans can vote for their favorites. Each category will have an award, with one Best of Show award presented for the 2015 competition. A team of judges chooses the category and Best of Show winner.
Entry categories include:
- Craft Blogger
- Decorative Painting/Mixed Media
- DIY Pinterest Board or Instagram Account
- Edible Crafts
- Fashion Sewing
- Felt Crafts
- General Crafts
- Home Decor/DIY
- Online Store
- Paper Crafts/Scrapbooking
- Sticker Art
- Young Crafter
Whether you choose to enter or just want to see the projects, you can learn more by going to The Crafty’s site, signing up, and checking out this fun new online competition. But don’t delay. Entries must be posted online by October 25, 2015, and the winners will be announced at a livestreamed event hosted by on November 6, 2015, from Chronicle Books headquarters in San Francisco. For official rules, visit The Craftys rules page.
We’re so excited to help kick off the blog hop to celebrate the 85th anniversary of Jaftex! It’s an amazing accomplishment to be involved in the fabric world that long (we’re nearing our 25th anniversary, which we thought was impressive!), and we couldn’t be happier to celebrate a company that has been putting out quality fabrics, cultivating amazing designers, and producing beautiful patterns for 85 years! Congrats!
On our blog today, we’re hosting Henry Glass fabric designer and author (and a personal fave of American Patchwork & Quilting), Kim Diehl.
- Kim says: “I’ve been so blessed to be in the family of designers for both American Patchwork & Quilting magazine and Henry Glass Fabrics, so I’m beyond excited that we can come together today in celebration of Henry Glass’s 85th birthday. What a huge milestone! In honor of this event, I stitched up this sweet little “Color Me Happy” wall hanging using the beautiful jewel-toned prints in the Folio collection of quilting fabrics, and treated myself to some quality hand-quilting time. A step outside of my “normal” box when it came to choosing a color scheme, which made this project even more fun to make. I’m so proud to be a small part of two such amazing forces in the quilting world, and I’m looking forward to many more years of creativity together!”
- We say: Prepare for MAJOR Kim Diehl eye candy.
Follow along with the blog hop here! There will be fun giveaways along the way, so make sure you visit every day!