Every month, we highlight a trend in quilting and show you how you can add this hip style to your projects!
We don’t know if it’s a sign of spring, but feathers are hot right now. We’ve been seeing them on fabric and in patterns–and we can’t resist. We’re flocking to them! Whether it’s an entire quilt with pieced or applique feathers for a modern twist on blocks, or little peeks of fabrics for a nod to nature, we’re ready to ruffle our feathers and fly with this trend! See how to add this hot trend to your quilting.
Feather items for your shopping list (in order going clockwise):
- Go! Heather Feather #1 by Sarah Vedeler for AccuQuilt
- Feathers quilt pattern by Alison Glass and Nydia Kehnle
- Social Club collection by Eric and Julie Comstock for Moda Fabrics
- Winged collection by Bonnie Christine for Art Gallery Fabrics
- Feather Bed Quilt by Anna Maria Horner