Coasters are so simple and fun to make! You can ues scraps of your favorite fabric to coordinate with your decor or add color to an office! Plus, they make perfect gifts for all coffee and tea lovers! This project is courtesy of our sewing blog, howtosew.com. Visit daily for new sewing projects and easy home decor.
Fabrics: Mixed Bag collection by Studio M for Moda Fabrics
Materials for One Coaster:
- 2—41/2″ squares
Finished coaster: 4″ square
1. Layer the squares with right sides together. Pin in place.
2. Sew around the squares using a 1/4″ seam allowance. Leave a 3″ opening on one side for turning.
3. Clip the corners. Make sure not to clip the stitches.
4. Turn coaster right side out. Push the corners of the coaster out using a eraser end of a pencil. Press flat.
5. Fold the opening inside the coaster 1/4″. Pin in place.
6. Using a 1/4″ seam allowance, sew the open edges together and continue around the other three sides.