Personalize a bottle of bubbly or wine by enclosing it in a special gift bag. This project is courtesy of our sewing blog, howtosew.com. Visit daily for new sewing projects and lots of holiday decorations and gift ideas!
Fabric: Sphere collection by Zen Chic for Moda Fabrics
2—8×15″ rectangles white burlap
7×8″ rectangle blue-and-white print
7×8″ rectangle fusible webbing
Blue-and-white gingham ribbon
Finished wine bag: 7x12x3″
**Sew this project with 1/2″ seams. (Note: Unprinted burlap is the same on both sides.)
Assemble Wine Bag:
1. Following manufacturer’s instructions; press a fusible web rectangle to wrong side (back) of blue-and-white print rectangle; let cool. Peel off paper.
2. Cut fused rectangle in half to make two 3-1/2×8″ print rectangles.
3. Fuse a print rectangle to one burlap rectangle about 5″ from a short edge.
4. With right sides together, join fused rectangles along side and bottom edges.
5. To shape flat bottom for bag, at one corner match bottom seam line to side seam line, creating a flattened triangle.
6. Measuring 1-1/2″ from point of triangle, draw a line across triangle. Sew on the drawn line. Repeat with remaining bottom corner to make the bag body.
7. Turn bag body right side out.
8. Create fringe at the top edge by pulling threads from each seam until the fringe is about 1/2″ long.
9. Add bottle of bubbly. Tie bag top with ribbon.