Every month, we highlight a trend in quilting and show you how you can add this hip style to your projects!
Woodland creatures are the cutest! And if you own the Fall/Winter issue of Make It Yourself, you’ll have a little taste of the fabric and projects we’ve been enamored with this season. (Buy the latest issue here.) Woodland creatures can look everything from whimsical to elegant to graphic. Just look at the variety of fabrics below! From owls to foxes, these forest friends are popping up in patterns, designs, and projects. See how to add this hot trend to your quilting!
Woodland creature fabric for your shopping list:
- Owl Be Seeing You collection from Timeless Treasures (top left)
- Scamper collection from Birch Fabrics (top right)
- Norwegian Woods Too collection from Michael Miller Fabrics (middle left)
- Flirty Birdies Flannel collection by Michele Scott of The Pieceful Quilter for Northcott (middle right)
- Indian Summer collection by Sarah Watson for Art Gallery Fabrics (bottom left)
- The Birds & The Bees collection by Tula Pink for FreeSpirit Fabrics (bottom right)
- Stitched Whimsy: Playful Projects in Felt & Fabric by Heidi Boyd
- Sew a Backyard Adventure by Susan Maw and Sally Bell
And now that you have the inspiration, browse our collection of free quilt patterns that feature animals! See them here.