Make a small treat bag from crafts felt and ribbon. This bag is so simple to sew, you’ll be making them by the dozen! This project is courtesy of our sewing blog, howtosew.com. Visit daily for new sewing projects and lots of holiday decorations and gift ideas!
Finished size: 5-1/4×5-1/4×1-1/2″ without handles
• 10×12″ rectangle crafts felt (bag)
• 24″-long, 5/8″- or 3/4″-wide ribbon
From orange felt, cut:
• 2—5-1/4″ squares
• 3—1-1/2×5-1/4″ rectangles
From ribbon, cut:
• 2—12″ long pieces
Create Bag Body:
1. Using 1/4″ seam allowance and matching thread, join short edges of felt 1-1/2×5-1/4″ rectangles to make a long strip.
2. Pin first section of long strip to one edge of one orange felt 5-1/4″ square (bag front) with raw edges aligned and facing out.
3. Sew pieces together using a 1/4″ seam allowance; stop stitching 1/4″ from bottom edge.
4. Pin third section of long strip to opposite edge of bag front as done before. Sew pieces together; stop stitching 1/4″ from bottom edge.
5. Pin second (middle) of long strip to bottom edge of bag front. Sew pieces together, beginning and ending stitching 1/4″ from corners, to complete bag front.
6. Repeat steps adding remaining orange felt 5-1/4″ square (bag back) to bag front to complete bag body.
1. Pin ends of one 12″-long ribbon to top of bag front about 1/2″ from side seams. Sew in place.
2. Repeat with remaining ribbon length and bag back to complete treat bag.