Every month, we highlight a trend in quilting and show you how you can add this hip style to your projects!
We’re obsessed with the color purple! And if you own the Fall/Winter issue of Quilt Sampler, you can tell how much we love it by the beautiful purple batik quilt we featured on the cover. (Buy the latest issue here.) Stumped at how to use this color in your quilts? We chose some of our favorite new fabric lines that play with purple. As you can see below, purples range from light to dark and some shades that even border on blue. Use a graphic purple floral as the star of your quilt or a eggplant print as a subtle background. There are so many ways to add purple to your quilts! These fabrics are sure to have you running to the store to grab some and start quilting!
Purple fabric for your shopping list:
- Eggplant Ogee from the Simply Style collection by V and Co. for Moda Fabrics (top left)
- Chevron Matilda Purple from the Apple of my Eye collection from Timeless Treasures (top right)
- Jewel from the Fancy Flight collection by Nancy Mims for Robert Kaufman Fabrics (middle left)
- Lavender from the Bungalow collection by Joel Dewberry for FreeSpirit Fabrics (middle right)
- Piper Scallop Punch from the Piper collection from Dear Stella (bottom left)
- Enchantment collection by Lonni Rossi for Andover Fabrics (bottom right)
And now that you have the inspiration, browse our collection of free quilt patterns that feature purple fabrics! See them here.