Fabric bookends are an easy way to add color and personal style to any room! You can make them from scraps of fabric or choose fabric to match your decor. They make great gifts, too! Design them in baby fabric for a nursery or pair it with a favorite book for a birthday present!
Materials for One Bookend:
1/4 yard fabric
Quart-size resealable plastic bag
Rice or sand
Finished bookend: 7×8-3/4″
From fabric, cut:
1. Layer the rectangles with right sides together. Using a 1/2″ seam allowance, sew around three edges, leaving a short edge open, to make a bag.
2. Turn bag right side out. Fold raw edges of fourth side under 3/4″.
3. Using a 1/4″ seam allowance, topstitch around the three sewn edges.
4. Fill a plastic bag halfway with rice or sand; push air out and seal. Place the sealed bag in the fabric bag.
5. Topstitch the open edge closed with 1/4″ seam allowance to complete the bookend.