1. Sew together multicolor print A pieces in a row to make pincushion side (Diagram 1). Clip seam allowances; finger-press seams in one direction.
2. Join two orange floral B pieces, leaving short edge open for turning (Diagram 2). Turn right side out. Press to make a petal. Repeat to make eight petals total.
3. Matching center marks at raw edges, pin petals to right side of pincushion side; baste (Diagram 3).
4. With right side inside, sew together ends of pincushion side to make a circle, leaving an opening that will be used for stuffing the cushion later (Diagram 4).
5. Matching dots, baste magenta polka dot C circle to upper edge (edge with petals) of pincushion side (Diagram 5). Sew together 1⁄4" from edge. Clip seams; turn to right side.
6. Stuff lightly with fiberfill until pincushion stands on its own.
7. Baste small gathering stitches 1⁄8" from edge of multicolor print D circle. Center interfacing C circle on wrong side of D circle; pull gathers tight, wrapping D circle around interfacing, to make pincushion base (Diagram 6). Secure thread. Press.
8. Hand-sew pincushion base to bottom opening.
9. Stuff firmly with fiberfill. Hand-sew side opening closed to complete pincushion.