Prepare Sewing Folio Cover and Lining
1. Following manufacturer’s instructions, press fusible interfacing onto wrong side of bird print 13-1⁄2×10" rectangle to make sewing folio cover; let cool. Set aside.
2. Referring to Diagram 1, fold pink check 8×10" rectangle in half with wrong side inside to form a double-thick 4×10" large pocket piece; press. Align and pin together raw edges of large pocket piece and an aqua print 7×10" rectangle; baste.
3. Fold pink stripe 7×9-1⁄2" rectangle in half with wrong side inside to form a double-thick 7×4-3⁄4" small pocket piece; press. Using water-soluble marking pen or chalk, draw centerline 3-1⁄2" from a short edge of small pocket piece. Mark lines 1-1⁄2" on both sides of centerline (Diagram 2).
4. Align and pin together rawedges of small pocket piece and one short edge of remaining aqua print 7×10" rectangle (Diagram 3).
5. Referring to Diagram 3, stitch through all layers on marked lines to create four small pockets. (Side edges will be stitched later.)
6. Referring to Diagram 4 for placement, pin white felt 2-1⁄2×3-1⁄2" rectangles on Step 5 rectangle. Stitch across straight edge of each felt rectangle to make needle holders.
7. Layer prepared aqua print rectangles with right sides together; stitch along long edge opposite large pocket. Using tip of iron, carefully press seam open to make sewing folio lining.