1. Sew together main print 8" squares along three pairs of edges to make outer bag (Diagram 6). Press seams to one side or open.
2. At one sewn corner of outer bag, match seams to create a flattened triangle (Diagram 7). Measuring 1-1⁄2" from point of triangle, draw a 3"-long line across triangle. Sew on drawn line. Trim excess fabric, leaving 1⁄2" seam allowance. Repeat at remaining sewn corner to shape bottom of outer bag. Turn outer bag right side out.
3. Position pincushion bottom against one side of bag; match strap raw edges to raw edge of bag; baste straps to bag a scant 1⁄4" from edge (Diagram 8).
4. Using coordinating print 8" squares, repeat Step 1, leaving a 4" opening in center of bottom edge, to make bag lining (Diagram 9).
5. Repeat Step 2 to shape bottom of bag lining. Leave lining wrong side out.
6. Insert outer bag (and pincushion) into bag lining and align raw edges (Diagram 10). Sew together raw edges. Turn right side out through opening in lining. Slip-stitch opening closed. Insert lining into outer bag and press top edge flat. Topstitch close to top edge to complete bag. Fill pincushion with sand and slip-stitch opening closed.