Designer: Lesley Chaisson of Berry Birdy Designs
Materials For Acorn Pincushion
• 6×10" piece tan felt (acorn body)
• 5×10" piece dark brown felt (acorn top, stem)
• 2-1⁄2×10" piece brown felt (acorn top)
• Freezer paper
• Embroidery floss: tan and brown
• Polyester fiberfill
Finished pincushion: 2-1⁄2×4-3⁄4"
Commercial crafts felt, available at crafts stores, is made of polyester and/or wool. If you use polyester felt, be careful when pressing with a hot iron; it can melt the fibers.
Cut pieces in the following order. Click on "Download this Project" above for pattern pieces. To use freezer paper for cutting A and B pieces, complete the following steps.
1. Lay freezer paper, shiny side down, over patterns. Use a pencil to trace each pattern the number of times indicated in cutting instructions, leaving 1⁄2" between tracings. Cut out each freezer-paper shape roughly 1⁄4" outside traced lines.
2. Using a hot dry iron, press each freezer-paper shape, shiny side down, onto designated felt; let cool. Cut out felt shapes on drawn lines. Peel off freezer paper.
From tan felt, cut:
• 3 of Pattern A
From dark brown felt, cut:
• 3 of Pattern B
• 1—3⁄4×3" strip
From brown felt, cut:
• 2 of Pattern B