Assemble Pillow Top
1) Referring to Pillow Top Assembly Diagram, sew top and bottom border strips to block. Press seams toward block.
2) Sew side border strips to block to make pillow top. Press seams toward block. The pillow top should be 24-1⁄2" square including seam allowances.
1) Layer pillow top, batting, and muslin; baste. Quilt as desired.
2) Trim batting and muslin even with pillow top edges.
3) Turn one long edge of each backing fabric 14-3⁄4 × 24-1⁄2" rectangle under 1⁄4"; press. Turn under 1⁄4" again and stitch in place to hem pillow back pieces. Each pillow back piece should be 14-1⁄4 × 24-1⁄2" including seam allowances.
4) Referring to Pillow Back Assembly Diagram, overlap hemmed edges of pillow back pieces by 4" to make a 24-1⁄2" square. Stitch across overlaps to make pillow back.
5) Layer quilted pillow top and pillow back with wrong sides together. Stitch a scant 1⁄4" from outer edges to make pillow cover.
6) Bind pillow cover with solid green binding strips. Insert pillow form through opening to complete pillow.