Finish Rectangular Pillow
1. Cut and piece solid bright pink 2×42" strips to make a 60"-long strip.
2. Fold one strip end under 1 -1⁄2". With wrong side inside, fold strip in half lengthwise. Insert cording next to folded edge with cording end 1" from strip’s folded end. With a zipper foot, baste through fabric layers right next to cording to make piping (Diagram 1).
3. Centering design, trim couched white rectangle to 9- 1⁄2×14 -1⁄2" including seam allowances.
4. Aligning raw edges, baste piping to all edges of couched white rectangle, starting 1- 1⁄2" from piping folded end. As you stitch each corner, clip seam allowance to within a few threads of stitching line (Diagram 2); gently ease piping in place. Cut end of cording to fit snugly inside folded opening, then stitch to beginning point to complete pillow top.
5. Join pillow back to pillow top, stitching around all edges and leaving an opening for turning. Turn right side out, stuff with fiberfill, and stitch opening closed.