1. Referring to Diagram 2, join seven Flying Geese units in a row to make a Flying Geese strip; press seams in one direction. Repeat to make a second Flying Geese strip.
2. Referring to Pillow Top Assembly Diagram, sew together black floral 4-1⁄2" setting square, Flying Geese strips, gold large floral 12x14-1⁄2" rectangle, and black floral 3x14-1⁄2" strip in two vertical rows. Press seams toward Flying Geese strips. Stitch red print 1⁄2x14-1⁄2" bias cut strip over seam between gold large floral rectangle and black floral strip.
3. Join vertical rows to make pillow center. Press seam away from pillow center.
4. Add black floral 1-1⁄2x18-1⁄2" border strips to opposite edges of pillow center. Add black floral 1-1⁄2x20-1⁄2" border strips to remaining edges to make pillow front. Press all seams toward border. The pillow front should be 20-1⁄2" square including seam allowances.
5. With wrong side inside, fold each black floral 20-1⁄2x24-1⁄2" rectangle in half to make two 20-1⁄2x12-1⁄4" double-thick rectangles. Overlap folded edges by about 4" to make a 20-1/2″-square pillow back. Baste overlapped edges (Pillow Back Assembly Diagram).
6. With wrong sides together, layer pillow front and pillow back; pin. Baste all edges together through all layers.
7. Bind edges of pillow front and pillow back with red print binding strips to make pillow cover. Insert pillow form to complete pillow.