Quilt Pillow Top and Finish Pillow
1. Layer pillow top, batting, and muslin 36x22" rectangle; baste. Quilt as desired.
2. Trim quilted pillow top to 30x16" including seam allowances.
3. With wrong side inside, fold each black floral 16x35" rectangle in half to make two 16x17-1/2" double-thick pillow back rectangles.
4. Overlap folded edges of pillow back rectangles about 5" to make a 30x16" pillow back (Diagram 2). Baste top and bottom along overlapped edges.
5. With right sides together, layer pillow top and pillow back; pin or baste edges. Sew together through all layers to make pillow cover.
6. To give the pillow cover flat corners, at each corner match side seam with adjacent seam, creating a flattened triangle (Diagram 3). Measuring 3/4" from point of triangle, draw a 1-1/2"-long line across triangle. Sew on drawn line. Trim excess fabric.
7. Turn pillow cover right side out through opening in pillow back. Insert 14x28" pillow form to complete pillow.