Designer: Lisa Debee Schiller
Materials For Raven Pillow
• 1⁄4 yard gray-and-white polka dot (pillow top)
• 1⁄8 yard lime green swirl (pillow top)
• 10" square aqua felted wool (appliqués)
• 1⁄2 yard green print (pillow back, binding)
• 16-1⁄2"-long piece 7⁄8"-wide ribbon
• Lightweight fusible web
• Embroidery floss: orange, dark gray, light green
• 12×16" pillow form
Finished pillow: 16×12"
Quantities are for 44⁄45"-wide, 100% cotton fabrics unless otherwise specified.
Measurements include 1⁄4" seam allowances. Sew with right sides together unless otherwise stated.
Cut pieces in the following order. Click on "Download this Project" abve for pattern pieces.
To felt wool, machine-wash it in a hot-water-wash, cool-rinse cycle with a small amount of detergent; machine-dry it on high heat and steam-press.
To use fusible web for appliquéing, complete the following steps.
1. Lay fusible web, paper side up, over patterns. Use a pencil to trace each pattern once, leaving a small space between tracings. Cut out each fusible-web shape just outside traced lines.
2. Following manufacturer’s instructions, press fusible-web shapes onto back(s) of designated fabric(s); let cool. Cut out fabric shapes on drawn lines. Peel off paper backings.
From gray-and-white polka dot, cut:
• 1—7-1⁄2×16-1⁄2" rectangle
• 2—1-1⁄2×16-1⁄2" strips
From lime green swirl, cut:
• 2—2×16-1⁄2" strips
From aqua wool, cut:
• 1 each of Raven Pillow patterns A and B
From green print, cut:
• 2—12-1⁄2×20-1⁄2" rectangles
• 2—2-1⁄2×42" binding strips