1. Sew together a brown polka dot 1-1⁄4" square block center and a teal tone-on-tone 1-1⁄4" square (Diagram 1). Press seam toward brown polka dot square.
2. Sew a teal tone-on-tone 1-1⁄4×2" rectangle to right-hand edge of Step 1 unit (Diagram 2). Press seam toward rectangle just added.
3. Add remaining teal tone-on-tone 1-1⁄4×2" rectangle to top edge of Step 2 unit (Diagram 3). Press seam toward rectangle just added.
4. Sew teal tone-on-tone 1-1⁄4×2-3⁄4 rectangle to left-hand edge of Step 3 unit (Diagram 4). Press as before.
5. Referring to Diagram 5, continue adding orange polka dot, tan floral, and red tone-on-tone rectangles in counterclockwise order to Step 4 unit to make a Log Cabin block. Press all seams away from center. The block should be 7-1⁄4" square including seam allowances.
6. Repeat steps 1–5, reversing color order and referring to Diagram 6, to make a second Log Cabin block.