1. Sew together orange print 2-1⁄4"-wide bias strips to make one long bias strip.
2. Fold one short end of orange print piping strip under 1-1⁄2". With wrong side inside, fold strip in half lengthwise. Insert cording next to folded edge with cording end 1" from folded strip end. Using a zipper foot, baste through fabric layers right next to cording to make piping (Diagram 3). Trim seam allowances to 1⁄4" wide.
3. Aligning raw edges, baste piping to all edges of appliquéd pillow front, starting 1-1⁄2" from folded piping end. As you stitch each corner, clip seam allowance to within a few threads of stitching line (Diagram 4); gently ease piping in place. Cut end of cording to fit snugly inside folded opening, then stitch to beginning point.
4. With wrong side inside, fold each backing 20-1⁄2x24-1⁄2" rectangle in half to form two double-thick 20-1⁄2x12-1⁄4" rectangles. (The double thickness results in a more stable pillow back.) Overlap folded edges about 4" to make a 20-1⁄2" square (Pillow Back Assembly Diagram). Baste across edges where layers overlap to make pillow back.
5. Layer appliquéd pillow front and back with right sides together; pin. Sew together around outer edges just inside cording stitching line to make pillow cover. Turn right side out; press. Insert 20"-square pillow form through opening to complete pillow.