Assemble Yo-Yo Egg
1. Use a pin to secure a remaining green print A circle over each end of egg. Fold four small pleats in outer edges of circles so they fit smoothly around egg ends. Hold pleats in place with straight pins (Diagram 1). Remove pins at ends of egg.
2. Insert a pin in edge of a C yo-yo to hold it in place in the center of narrow end of egg (Diagram 2). Hold a button over hole at center of yo-yo. Thread a seed bead onto a straight pin and insert it through one of buttonholes into foam egg. Repeat for second hole. Remove first straight pin.
3. Referring to Yo-Yo Egg Assembly Chart for the amount and size of yo-yos in each row, continue placing yo-yos on Row 1 of egg, keeping row straight and slightly overlapping each yo-yo over the one previously placed (Diagram 3). (Hint: Pin all yo-yos in row around egg to determine preferred spacing before adding buttons and beads.) Slip one edge of last yo-yo in each row under edge of first yo-yo and secure in place as previously done.
4. Referring to Diagram 4, position Row 2 B yo-yos on egg, offsetting them to cover egg visible between Row 1 yo-yos. Secure with buttons and beaded pins.
5. Following Yo-Yo Egg Assembly Chart, continue adding yo-yos, row by row in numerical order, to completely cover foam egg. (Hint: Rest the egg on the top of a glass or cup to hold it steady while covering with yo-yos.)