1. Starting with trunk and using small bits of fiberfill at a time, stuff elephant, making sure there is space in the center back for a pocket.
2. Fold over one edge of a light gray print 5-1⁄2" square 1⁄4"; press. Aligning folded edge along back of zipper teeth, stitch folded edge to zipper tape (Diagram 8). Repeat with remaining light gray print 5-1⁄2" square and opposite edge of zipper tape.
3. Unzip zipper. With right sides together, join side and bottom edges of light gray print 5-1⁄2" squares to make pocket (Diagram 9).
4. Tuck pocket into opening in center back. Fold under raw edges of center back. Hand- stitch folded edges to right sides of zipper tape.
5. Referring to photo, hand-sew a button to each end of zipper and hand-sew tail in place to complete stuffed elephant.