Materials for Berries Tag
- 2—3-1⁄2 ×5" rectangles brown print (tag front, backing)
- 1⁄2 ×3-1⁄2" strip green-and-cream stripe (appliqué)
- Scraps of assorted white, red, and green prints (appliqués)
- Fabric glue stick
- 1⁄4"-diameter (size 0) grommet: silver
- Baker’s twine
Finished tag: 2-1⁄2 ×4-1⁄4"
Measurements include 1⁄4" seam allowances. Sew with right sides together unless otherwise stated.
Click on "Download this Project" above for pattern pieces. To make templates, trace layered patterns separately onto white paper; cut out shapes.
From brown print, cut:
- 2 of Pattern A
From white print scrap, cut:
- 1 of Pattern B
From red print scrap, cut:
- 1 each of patterns C, D, and E
From green print scrap, cut:
- 1 each of patterns F and G
Assemble Berries Tag
1. Using fabric glue stick, adhere green-and-cream stripe 1⁄2 ×3-1⁄2" strip 3⁄4" from bottom of one brown print A piece. Topstitch close to long edges of strip.
2. Referring to photo, opposite, glue red print C–E berries and green print F and G leaves to white print B background, and then glue assembled background to Step 1 unit, slightly overlapping green-and-cream-stripe strip. Topstitch around all shapes to make tag front.
3. Sew together tag front and remaining brown print A piece, leaving a 2" opening along one edge. Turn right side out and
hand-stitch opening closed; press. Topstitch around all tag edges.
4. To make a hanger, attach a grommet at center top of tag; thread baker’s twine through grommet to complete tag.