Designer: Amy Sinibaldi
Materials for “Love Santa” Tag
- 6" square red-and-cream diagonal stripe (border, backing)
- 2-3⁄4" square tan linen (tag front)
- Water-soluble marking pen
- Embroidery floss: brown
- Embroidery needle
- 1⁄4"-diameter (size 0) grommet: silver
Finished tag: 2-3⁄4" square
Measurements include 1⁄4" seam allowances. Sew with right sides together unless otherwise stated.
From red-and-cream diagonal stripe, cut:
- 1—3-1⁄4" square
- 2—3⁄4 ×3-1⁄4" border strips
- 2—3⁄4 ×2-3⁄4" border strips
Assemble “Love Santa” Tag
1. Sew red-and-cream stripe 3⁄4 ×2-3⁄4" border strips to opposite edges of tan linen 2-3⁄4" square. Sew red-and-cream stripe 3⁄4 ×3-1⁄4" border strips to remaining edges. Press seams open.
2. Click on "Download this Project" above for pattern pieces. Trace “Love Santa” Tag Pattern onto white paper. Tape traced pattern to a light box or bright window. Center and tape Step 1 square over pattern. Using a water-soluble marking pen, trace pattern onto Step 1 square.
3. Using three strands of brown floss, backstitch lettering; add running stitches 1⁄8" inside border to make tag front.
4. Sew together tag front and red-and-cream stripe 3-1⁄4" square, leaving a 2" opening along one edge. Turn right side out, and hand-stitch opening closed; press. Topstitch around all edges.
5. To make a hanger, follow manufacturer’s instructions and attach a grommet at center top of linen square. Thread twine through grommet to complete tag.