Finish Oven Mitt
1. With wrong side inside, fold orange dot 2-3/4x20" binding strip in half crosswise; press. Cut strip into two 10"-long binding pieces.
2. Aligning raw edges, sew one binding piece to upper edge of mitt front (Diagram 6). Fold binding to lining side. Stitch in the ditch or hand-sew binding to muslin lining to secure binding.
3. Repeat Step 2 with mitt back and remaining orange dot binding piece.
4. With wrong side inside, fold novelty print 2x5" strip in half lengthwise (Diagram 7). Lightly press, then unfold. Fold long raw edges in to meet at center. Fold in half lengthwise, aligning folded edges; press again. Edgestitch folded edges. Matching raw ends, fold in half to make a loop; baste.
5. Pin raw ends of loop to side edge of mitt front just below binding (Diagram 8).
6. Layer mitt front and mitt back with right sides together. Beginning at one bound upper edge, sew together through all layers (Diagram 9). Stitch again 1/8" from outer edges. Clip into seam allowance along curves just up to outer line of stitching; zigzag or serge seams.
7. Turn right side out and press to complete oven mitt.