Assemble Pot Holder
1. Sew short green dot border strips to opposite edges of novelty print 6" square (Diagram 1). Join long green dot border strips to remaining edges to make pot holder front. Press all seams toward green dot strips. The pot holder front should be 8" square including seam allowances.
2. With wrong side inside, fold brown print 2x5" strip in half lengthwise (Diagram 2). Lightly press, then unfold. Fold long raw edges in to meet at center. Fold in half lengthwise, aligning folded edges; press again. Edgestitch folded edges. Matching raw ends, fold in half to make a loop; baste.
3. With raw edges at corner, pin loop to top left-hand corner of pot holder front (Diagram 3).
4. Place insulated batting square on a work surface; apply basting spray. Center cotton batting square on insulated batting square; apply basting spray. Layer pot holder front, right side up, and backing square, wrong side up, on batting squares (Diagram 4). Stitch through all layers around outer edges, pivoting at corners and leaving a 5" opening along one edge for turning, to make layered unit. Trim corners.
5. Turn layered unit right side out. Using a chopstick or the eraser end of a pencil, push out corners. Whipstitch opening closed to complete pot holder.