Make and Add Pocket
1. Fold pink print 2x6-1⁄2" pocket piping strip in half lengthwise. Sew across ends. Clip corners, turn right side out, and press.
2. Fold under 1⁄4" twice on lower edge and ends of multicolor stripe 2-3⁄4x10" pocket ruffle strip. Press. Sew close to first folded edge.
3. With a long machine stitch, sew 1⁄4" from unhemmed edge of pocket ruffle strip. Pull up threads to gather the edge, matching piping length.
4. With wrong side of ruffle on right side of pocket, center piping and ruffle on one edge of pink-and- green floral lower pocket; stitch in place (Diagram 5).
5. Aligning long edges, place interfacing on wrong side of pink-and-green floral upper pocket. Turn under 1⁄2" along opposite pocket edge and press. Sew upper pocket to lower pocket; press seam toward upper pocket (Diagram 6).
6. Fold upper pocket in half with right sides together, matching pressed edge with seam. Sew side edges with 1⁄2" seam allowance (Diagram 7). Clip corners, turn right side out, and press. Press under 1⁄2" on edges of lower pocket.
7. Referring to pattern for placement, pin pocket to apron. Edgestitch pocket to apron, keeping ruffle and piping free from stitching.