Assemble Apron Body
1. To sew darts in apron piece, match up dashed lines, then stitch. Press darts toward center (Diagram 1).
2. With wrong sides together, fold pink print 2x37" piping strip in half lengthwise; press. Matching raw edges, sew folded strip to lower edge of apron.
3. Join multicolor stripe 4-3⁄4x42" and 4-3⁄4x10" ruffle strips together along one short edge to make one long ruffle strip. Turn under 1⁄4" on one long edge of ruffle strip; press. Turn under a second time 1⁄2"; press. Sew through all layers close to the first folded edge.
4. With a long machine stitch, sew 1⁄2" from long raw edge of ruffle strip. Pull up threads to gather edge.
5. With raw edges aligned, match center of gathered strip with bottom center of apron. Pin and stitch with 1⁄2" seam allowance (Diagram 2). Finish raw edges of seam with a machine zigzag stitch. Press seam toward apron.
6. Turn under 1⁄4" on each side edge of apron and ruffle; press. Turn under a second time 1⁄2" and press. Sew through all layers close to first folded edge.