Click on "Download this Project" above for Interior Flap Pattern.
1) With wrong side inside, fold light pink floral 12 ×12-1⁄2" rectangle in half widthwise to make a 6-1⁄4 ×12" large pocket (Diagram 5); unfold. Repeat with aqua print 8-1⁄2 ×12" rectangle to make a 4-1⁄4 ×12" small pocket.
2) Use basting spray to adhere muslin 6 ×12" rectangle to wrong side of half the large pocket; refold. Topstitch 1⁄8" from folded edge (Diagram 5). Repeat using muslin 4 ×12" rectangle and small pocket.
3) On folded small pocket, make a mark 3-1⁄4" from left-hand edge and 1-3⁄4" from top edge (Diagram 6). Make a second mark 3-1⁄4" from right-hand edge and 1-3⁄4" from top edge. Sew an aqua button on each mark.
4) Referring to Diagram 7, layer large and small pockets on blue linen 9-1⁄2 ×12" rectangle; align bottom edges. Baste 1⁄8" from side and bottom edges (do not baste top edge) to make pocket unit. Use a Hera marking tool to mark a vertical line down center of pocket unit. Topstitch crease.
5) Use basting spray to adhere a muslin 4-1⁄2 × 6" rectangle to center of wrong side of a dark pink floral 5× 6-1⁄2" rectangle to make a flap unit. Repeat to make a second flap unit.
6) Cut an elastic hair band into two equal pieces. Align cut ends of one half to form a loop (Diagram 8). Center cut ends on bottom edge of a flap unit with loop pointing toward top of flap. Baste 1⁄8" from edge. Repeat with second elastic hair band half and remaining flap unit.
7) Place a light green floral 5× 6-1⁄2" rectangle on a flap unit with right sides together. Use interior flap template to trace rounded bottom corners; cut on traced line (Diagram 9). Pin or clip pieces together. Stitch together side and bottom edges; leave top edges open. Clip into curved seam allowances.
8) Turn flap unit right side out, carefully pushing out rounded corners; press. Topstitch 1⁄8" from previously sewn edges to make a pocket flap.
9) Repeat steps 7 and 8 to make a second pocket flap.
10) Align top of pocket flaps with upper edge of Step 4 pocket unit so each flap is 1⁄2" from stitched centerline (Diagram 10). Adjust as needed so elastic hair band loops line up with buttons. Baste flaps in place 1⁄8" from top edges to make interior.