1. Lay bag front right side up on a flat surface. Referring to Diagram 6, place a strap end on bag front 3⁄4" from left edge and 4" from bottom edge. Topstitch 1⁄8" away from edges of strap, pivoting 1⁄2" from top edge of bag front.
2. Referring to Diagram 7, place outer pocket atop Step 1 unit; align raw edges. Baste 1⁄8" away from side and bottom edges.
3. Lay bag back right side up on a flat surface. Match remaining strap end to bottom edge of bag back, 3⁄4" from left side. Topstitch strap in place as before, pivoting 1⁄2" from top edge of bag back (Diagram 8).
4. Referring to Diagram 9, layer inner pocket atop lining side of bag back; baste 1⁄8" away from side and bottom edges.
5. Fold a long edge of blue floral 3-3⁄4×7" rectangle under 1⁄4" (Diagram 10); press. Fold short ends diagonally to center to make a triangle. Topstitch along folds to make bag flap.
6. With right sides together, center flap along top edge of bag back. Baste 1⁄8" away from top edge (Diagram 11).
7. Bind top edge of bag front with a yellow floral 2×7-1⁄4" strip. Repeat to bind top edge of bag back.
8. Referring to Diagram 12, fold flap up; topstitch flap to binding on bag back.
9. Layer bag front and bag back with wrong sides together (Diagram 13). Baste 1⁄8" away from bottom and side edges.
10. Bind side and bottom edges with yellow floral 2×42" strip.
11. Following manufacturer’s instructions, hand-sew female end of the magnetic snap to the wrong side of the flap. Match the position of the male end of the snap, and hand-sew it to bag front, making sure snaps fit together when flap is folded down.
12. Layer the blue and green buttons on the front side of flap (see photo); hand-sew in place to complete the bag.