1. Sew together two aqua house print 6-1⁄2" squares and the cream-and-aqua circle print 5-1⁄2×6-1⁄2" rectangle to make a pieced rectangle (Diagram 1). If you are using a directional fabric like designer Rachel Griffith did, make sure the pieces are facing in opposite directions so when the pieced rectangle is folded, the fabrics are oriented correctly. Press seams open. The pieced rectangle should be 6-1⁄2×17-1⁄2" including seam allowances.
2. Following manufacturer’s instructions, fuse a 6-1⁄2×17-1⁄2" fleece rectangle to Step 1 pieced rectangle.
3. Quilt, if desired. Rachel randomly machine-quilted lines across fused pieced rectangle.
4. With right side inside, fold rectangle in half and press fold to make a placement line; it should measure 6-1⁄2×8-3⁄4" (Diagram 2). Sew together pairs of long edges to make the bag body. Clip into seam allowance at placement line in order to press seams open.
5. To shape a flat bottom for bag body, at one corner match side seam with pressed placement line, creating a flattened triangle (Diagram 3). Measuring 1-1⁄2" from point of triangle, draw a 3"-long line across triangle; sew on drawn line. Trim excess fabric 1⁄4" from stitching line. Repeat with remaining bottom corner. Turn bag body right side out; press.
6. With wrong side together, press cream-and-aqua leaf print 1-1⁄4"×12-1⁄2" strip in half lengthwise; unfold. Join short ends to make tube (Diagram 4). Press seam open. Turn strip right side out and fold back in half using pressed line as guide.
7. Matching raw edges, place tube around top edge of bag body. Pin in place. Baste using 1⁄8" seam allowance (Diagram 5).
8. With right side inside, fold aqua stripe 6-1⁄2"×17-1⁄2" rectangle in half; it should measure 6-1⁄2×8-3⁄4". Sew together pairs of long edges, leaving a 3" opening in one seam for turning, to make bag lining.
9. Repeat Step 5 to shape a flat bottom for bag lining. Do not turn lining right side out.
10. Insert bag body into bag lining with right sides together. Align raw edges and seams. Sew together top edges of bag body and lining. Turn right side out through opening in lining. Pull lining out of bag body; hand-stitch opening closed. Insert lining back into bag body and fold down top edge to complete bag.