1. For one light bag you will need two dark print 5-1/2x6-1/2" rectangles, two dark print 2-1/2x6-1/2" rectangles, and two light print 3-1/2x6-1/2" rectangles.
2. Referring to Diagram 1, join one light print 3-1/2x6-1/2" rectangle and one dark print 2-1/2x6-1/2" rectangle along one pair of long edges to make bag piece.
3. Referring to Diagram 2, pin ends of one 6"-long ribbon piece to right side of bag piece, 2" from side edges. (If you are using a printed ribbon, place right side of ribbon toward right side of bag piece.)
4. Referring to Diagram 3, layer a dark print 5-1/2x6-1/2" rectangle (lining) and bag piece, right sides together. Sew together along one pair of long edges to make a bag unit.
5. Repeat steps 2-4 to make a second bag unit.
6. With right sides together, layer bag units; pin. Join units around all edges, leaving a 3" opening along lining edge for turning (Diagram 4). Press seams open.
7. To shape flat bottom for bag, at one corner match bottom seam line to side seam line, creating a flattened triangle (Diagram 5). Measuring 1" from point of triangle, draw a 2"-long line across triangle. Sew on drawn line. Trim excess fabric, leaving 1/4" seam allowance. Repeat with remaining bottom corner of bag and both corners of lining.
8. Turn bag right side out through opening and finger-press seams. Slip-stitch lining opening closed. Insert lining into bag to complete a light bag. Press along top edge.
9. Repeat steps 1-8 to make a second light bag and two dark bags, reversing fabric placement for dark bags.