1. Insert bag body into bag lining with right sides together, making sure pocket is in front and straps are in back. Align top raw edges, matching side seams; pin. Sew together top edges of bag body and lining.
2. Turn right side out through opening in lining, then pull lining out of bag. Hand-stitch opening closed. Insert lining back into bag body and press top edge. Topstitch 1⁄4" from top edge through all layers.
3. Referring to Diagram 20 and following manufacturer’s instructions, add grommets to top edge of bag. Position them about 5" apart and 1⁄2" from bag top edge.
4. Repeat Assemble Bag Body, Step 10, using solid gray 2×42" strip to make drawstring. Drawstring should be 1⁄2×42" including seam allowances.
5. Weave drawstring in and out of grommets, starting in the center front. Knot ends of drawstring to complete backpack.