Assemble Bag Body
1. Referring to Diagram 8, arrange and sew together two oval print 2×21" strips in each colorway to make bag front. Press seams in one direction. The bag front should be 21×15" including seam allowances. Repeat to make a bag back.
2. Following manufacturer’s instructions, fuse a 15×21" interfacing rectangle to wrong side of bag front. Repeat to fuse bag back.
3. Repeat Step 2, using oval print 8×11" rectangle and 8×11" interfacing rectangle. Referring to Diagram 9, use a small plate to mark and trim round corners in fused rectangle, making bag bottom.
4. Referring to Diagram 10, center pocket bottom on bag front 4" from bottom edge; pin. Topstitch side and bottom edges of pocket bottom to bag front.
5. Place pocket flap on pocket bottom, matching hook-and-loop pieces. Pin flap in place and topstitch to bag front along top edge (Diagram 11). Hand-stitch red buttons to pocket flap.
6. With right sides together, pin bag front to bag back along side edges. Sew together side edges to make bag tube (Diagram 12).
7. Fold a solid gray 4×6" rectangle in half crosswise; press to mark center, then unfold (Diagram 13). Fold in short edges to meet at center; press. Fold in half and press. Topstitch along edges to make short D-ring strap. The short D-ring strap should be 1-1⁄2×4". Slip short D-ring strap through straight side of D ring. Bring raw edges together and baste to make short D-ring unit (Diagram 14). Repeat to make a second short D-ring unit.
8. Fold bag bottom in half crosswise; lightly press to mark center and unfold. Lay bag bottom right side up. Referring to Diagram 15, on right side of bag bottom locate the center of each short D-ring unit 3" from center crease; align raw edges. Baste units in place.
9. Using long running stitches, baste around one open end of Step 6 bag tube. Pull up running stitches, gathering edge to match bag bottom. With right sides together, pin bag bottom to gathered end of bag tube, making sure D-ring units are positioned in center of tube back. Sew bag bottom to bag tube to make bag body. Turn right side out.
10. Fold a solid gray 6×28" strip in half lengthwise; press to mark center, then unfold. Fold in long edges to meet at center; press again. Fold strip in half and topstitch along edges to make long strap. Long strap should be 1-1⁄2×28" including seam allowances. Repeat to make a second long strap.
11. Wrap one end of long strap around middle bar of triglide; turn raw edge under 1⁄4". Stitch folded edge to long strap (Diagram 16). Bring other end of strap through a D ring on bag bottom from back to front (Diagram 17). Bring end of strap back to triglide and weave under bottom bar and over top bar of triglide to buckle long strap (Diagram 18). Repeat with second long strap.
12. Referring to Diagram 19, align raw edges of long straps with top edges of bag back about 6" from each side edge; baste long straps in place.