Assemble Pocket Bottom and Flap
1. Cut a 2" square from bottom corners of each solid gray 12×7" rectangle (Diagram 1).
2. Referring to Diagram 2, join rectangles along top, side, and bottom edges; leave cutout corners open. Turn right side out through a cutout corner; press.
3. Referring to Diagram 3, center hook (rough) side of hook-and-loop tape 1-1⁄2" from top edge. Stitch 1⁄4" from edges through all layers.
4. Referring to Diagram 4, fold a top corner down with the right side inside; align raw edges. Join raw edges. Repeat in opposite corner. Turn right side out to make pocket bottom.
5. Referring to Diagram 5, center loop side of hook-and-loop tape 3⁄4" from a long edge of a solid gray 4×8" rectangle. Stitch around all edges of tape as before.
6. With right sides together, join Step 5 rectangle and remaining solid gray 4×8" rectangle, leaving a 1" opening in top edge for turning (Diagram 6). Turn right side out; press. Topstitch along side and bottom edges to make pocket flap (Diagram 7).