1. Cut and piece blue print 3x42" strips to make:
2. Cut and piece 1x20" interfacing strips to make:
3. With right side inside, fold one long edge of blue print strip over 1". Align a 1x63-1/2" interfacing strip atop folded section. Sew across short ends, securing interfacing (Diagram 5).
4. Trim excess interfacing from seam allowance and turn right side out. Turn remaining long edge of blue print strip under 1/4" (Diagram 6). Press folded long edge in place over layered side of strip. Topstitch along folded long edge to make a strap. The strap should be 1x63".
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 to make a second strap.
6. Referring to Diagram 7, pin straps to the bag unit with strap ends meeting at seam and strap inside edges overlapping pockets.
7. Beginning at bottom seam of bag unit, topstitch along one strap edge to point where bag unit’s blue print No. 4 and blue floral meet (Diagram 7). Sew across strap at that seam and topstitch along strap’s opposite edge back to bag unit seam; backstitch. Repeat with other end of same strap.
8. Repeat Step 6 with remaining strap, making sure ends of second strap abut ends of first strap (Diagram 7). Zigzag-stitch strap ends at bag bottom to reinforce.