Assemble Bag Body
1. Sew together six assorted blue, brown, and green print 2" squares to make a pieced strip (Diagram 1). Press seams open. The strip should be 2x9-1/2" including seam allowances.
2. Repeat Step 1 to make three pieced strips total.
3. Referring to Diagram 2, sew together pieced strips and blue spool print 2x9-1/2" strip to make bag front. Press seams in one direction. The bag front should be 6-1/2x9-1/2" including seam allowances.
4. Following manufacturer’s instructions, fuse a 6-1/2x9-1/2" interfacing rectangle to wrong side of bag front. Repeat with remaining piece of fusible interfacing and blue spool print 6-1/2x9-1/2" rectangle to make bag back.
5. Using Corner Cutting Pattern and a water-soluble marking pen, trace dart lines and curved cutting line on wrong side of bag front at both bottom corners (Diagram 3). Trim along curved cutting lines.
6. With right side inside, match traced lines for a dart. Sew on traced lines to make dart. Repeat to make second dart.
7. Repeat steps 5 and 6 using bag back and brown pin print 6-1/2x9-1/2" rectangles for lining.