Add Handle and Zipper
1. Fold black dot ribbon in half, aligning cut ends, to make handle.
2. Pin handle to side of bag front, 1-1/2" from top edge with raw edges aligned (Diagram 4); sew in place.
3. Place a lining rectangle right side up on flat surface. Center and align zipper, right side up, along top edge of lining rectangle. Place bag front, right side down, on top of zipper, aligning edges; pin layers together (Diagram 5). Using a zipper foot and 1/4" seam allowance, sew zipper to bag front.
4. Finger-press bag front and lining away from zipper. Topstitch 1/8" from fold (Diagram 6).
5. Using remaining lining rectangle and bag back, repeat steps 3 and 4 on opposite edge of zipper.