1. Trim purple print and batting even with edges of bag body rectangle. Join short edges of bag body rectangle; press seam open.
2. With wrong side inside, fold red print 4x11" rectangle in half lengthwise; press. Open up fold, and press raw edges to meet at the center fold. Then refold on pressed center fold. Stitch 1/8" from long edges. Baste strip in place at the center back of the bag body, along the top edge, to make hanging loop (Diagram 3).
3. Join short ends of two red print 3x21-1/2" rectangles; press seams open. With fabric wrong sides together, align seams and press. Fold strip in half lengthwise and press to make casing (Diagram 4). Aligning raw edges, baste casing to top edge of bag body over hanging loop (Diagram 5).
4. Layer red print 7x11" rectangles on either side of batting 7x11" rectangle. Quilt as desired. Trim quilted rectangle using Pattern C to make bag bottom.
5. With wrong sides together, align bottom edge of bag with quilted bag bottom; baste. Bind with red print binding strips. Repeat to bind top edge of bag.
6. Turn under 1/2" at each end of red print 2-1/2x42" strip. Fold strip in half lengthwise; press. Open up fold, then press long raw edges under 1/4". Refold strip on pressed center fold, then stitch 1/8" from all edges to make drawstring. Feed drawstring through casing to complete bag.