1. Referring to Diagram 11, pin handle ends to bag front and back with raw edges aligned and outside handle edges 1-1⁄2" from side seams. Stitch handles in place, stitching through all layers a scant 1⁄4" from edges.
2. With right sides together, insert bag body inside bag lining; tuck handles between bag and lining. Align raw edges and pleats. Stitch together top edges of bag body and lining, backstitching over handles to reinforce them.
3. Turn bag body and lining right side out through opening in lining, then pull lining out of bag. Hand-stitch opening in lining closed.
4. Insert lining back into bag and press top edge.
5. Following manufacturer’s instructions, cover two buttons with tan-and-black chevron print 2-1⁄2" squares.
6. Referring to photo on page 1, center buttons atop pleat on bag front. The buttons should be about 1⁄2" apart with the top button 1⁄2" from edge. Hand-stitch buttons in place to complete bag.