Assemble Bag Body
1. Referring to Diagram 1, sew together two tan-and-black vine print 6-1⁄2x34-1⁄2" rectangles and a tan-and-black chevron print 6-1⁄2x34-1⁄2" rectangle. Press seams toward vine print rectangles.
2. Following manufacturer’s instructions, fuse 18-1⁄2x34-1⁄2" interfacing rectangle to wrong side of Step 1 unit. Let cool.
3. With right side inside, fold interfaced unit in half lengthwise and align seams to make a 9-1⁄4x34-1⁄2" bag rectangle (Diagram 2). Pin in place.
4. Referring to Diagram 3, at one end stitch 3" from edges atop previous seams of bag rectangle. Open interfaced unit and press flat, making a pleat with tan-and-black chevron print (Diagram 4). Baste 1⁄8" from edge at pleated end.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4, making a pleat in the opposite end of bag rectangle.
6. Fold bag rectangle in half, aligning pleated edges and seams. Sew together side edges to make bag body (Diagram 5).
7. At one corner of bag body match center bottom to side seam line, creating a flattened triangle (Diagram 6). Measuring 2" from point of triangle, draw a 4"-long line across triangle. Sew on drawn line. Trim excess fabric. Repeat with remaining bottom corner. Turn bag body right side out.