Assemble and Attach Handles and Button Loop
1. Fold an orange stripe 4x30" strip in half, wrong side inside. Press, then unfold. Fold long edges in to meet at center; press again (Diagram 9). Open one long edge and place a cotton webbing 1x30" strip inside along fold line.
2. Refold long edge toward center of strip. Referring to Diagram 10, fold in half lengthwise, matching folded edges. Topstitch long edges to make a handle.
3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 to make a second handle.
4. Referring to Diagram 11, pin and baste handle ends to bag front and back 5" from side edges.
5. With wrong side inside, fold and lightly press orange stripe 2-1/2x6" strip in half lengthwise. Open strip and press long edges under 1/4". Refold strip; press. Topstitch long edges to make button loop strip (Diagram 12).
6. Fold button loop strip in half, matching raw ends (Diagram 13). Press folded end to form triangle tip; topstitch across long end of triangle to make button loop.
7. Aligning raw edges, center and pin raw ends of button loop to top center of bag back; baste in place (Diagram 14).