Assemble and Attach Straps
1. Center a 1x24" interfacing strip on wrong side of a black circle print 1-1/2x24" strip; fuse.
2. Fold long edges of fused strip under 1/4"; press.
3. Position fused strip atop 24"-long webbing piece; pin. Topstitch 1/8" from outer edges to make a strap (Diagram 11).
4. Repeat steps 1–3 to make a second strap.
5. Referring to Diagram 12, center and pin one end of a strap under bag side seam. Stitch in the ditch to secure strap to bag. Repeat with opposite strap end at remaining seam on same side of bag. Repeat with second strap on opposite side of bag.