Assemble Bag Body and Lining
1. Following the manufacturer's instructions, press the fusible fleece 8x9-1/2" rectangles onto backs of the red print 8x9-1/2" rectangles; let cool. Sew together red print rectangles along both 9-1/2"-long edges (the sides) and one 8" edge (the bottom) to make the bag body (Diagram 3). Press seams open.
2. To box a bottom corner of the bag body, match the bottom seam and side seam; stitch across the resulting triangle 1" from the point (Diagram 4). Trim the seam allowance to 1/4". Repeat to box the remaining bottom corner. Turn bag body right side out.
3. Join green print rectangles along 10-1/2"-long edges (the sides) and one 8" edge (the bottom) to make the bag lining. Press seams open.
4. Repeat Step 2 to box the bottom corners of the bag lining. Do not turn bag lining right side out.
5. With wrong sides together, insert bag lining into the bag body; the lining should extend 1" above bag body. Fold lining top edge under 1/2" twice; topstitch through all layers close to folded edge of lining (Diagram 5).
6. Referring to Diagram 6, lap the top edge of the flap 1-1/2" over the top edge of the bag back; flap will extend slightly beyond bag side edges. Being careful not to catch bag front in stitching, topstitch across flap two or three times to secure.