Assemble and Quilt Handles
1. Fold under 1⁄2" along one long edge of a brown print 3⁄4×19-1⁄2" (Diagram 3); press.
2. Fold the same edge under 1" (Diagram 4); press. Open up the last fold and align a 2×191⁄2" batting strip with the fold line (Diagram 5).
3. Fold long raw edge of brown print strip over batting. Then refold other long edge on fold line; pin in place.
4. Referring to Diagram 6, stitch down center to secure folded edge. Stitch on both sides of centerline, 1⁄4" to 3⁄8" apart.
5. Fold handle in half crosswise to find center; mark with a pin. Fold handle in half lengthwise and pin 2-1⁄2" on both sides of center (Diagram 7). Stitch folded edges together for 5" to make a narrower portion of the handle, which is more comfortable to carry.
6. Repeat steps 1–5 to make a second handle.