Assemble and Quilt Bag Body
1. Referring to photo lay out twelve 5" squares in three rows. Sew together squares in each row. Press seams in one direction, alternating direction with each row. Join rows to make bag front. Press seams in one direction. Bag front should be 18-1⁄2×14" including seam allowances.
2. Layer bag front with batting and muslin 18-1⁄2×14" rectangles. Baste layers a scant 1⁄4" from all edges. Quilt as desired.
3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 using remaining 5" squares to make bag back.
4. Using Corner Cutting Pattern, mark cutting line on bag front and back pieces for rounding bottom corners (Diagram 1). Machine-baste a scant 1⁄4" inside line. Trim along line.
5. Mark center of bag front along top edge. Fold over 3⁄4" on both sides of center mark to make two pleats (Diagram 2). Baste in place. Repeat to make pleats in bag back.
6. Layer gold print 4-1⁄2×42" strip with batting and muslin 4-1⁄2×42" strips; baste. Quilt as desired to make bag side/bottom strip.
7. With right sides together and aligning raw edges, sew together bag front and bag side/bottom strip. Press seam open. Join bag back to remaining raw edge of side/bottom strip to make bag body.