1. Referring to Diagram 1, sew together a brown or tan batik 2-1/2" square and a teal or blue batik 1-1/2x2-1/2" strip. Press seam away from brown or tan batik square.
2. Add teal or blue batik 1-1/2x3-1/2" strip to right-hand edge of Step 1 unit (Diagram 2). Press as before.
3. Sew brown or tan batik 1-1/2x3-1/2" strip to top edge of Step 2 unit (Diagram 3). Then add brown or tan batik 1-1/2x4-1/2" strip to left-hand edge of unit (Diagram 4). Press all seams away from center.
4. Referring to Diagram 5, continue adding assorted batik strips to pieced unit in counterclockwise order, pressing all seams away from center, to make a Log Cabin block. The block should be 12-1/2" square including seam allowances. Sew a teal or blue batik 1-1/2x12-1/2" strip to bottom edge of Log Cabin block; press seam toward strip. The block should now be 12-1/2x13-1/2" including seam allowances.
5. Referring to Diagram 6, repeat steps 1-4 using remaining brown, tan, teal, and blue batik square and strips to make a mirror-image block. Add remaining teal or blue batik 1-1/2x12-1/2" strip to bottom edge of mirror-image Log Cabin block.